Female Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
Dr. Anne Rothenberg understands the difficulty that survivors often have discussing issues related to sexual abuse and sexual trauma.
As a specialist working with female survivors of childhood sexual abuse and sexual trauma, I always exhibit awareness and respect for your boundaries and your level of comfort. My goal is to create a safe environment where women are comfortable discussing issues that are often very difficult to talk about.
Common Questions Explored in Counseling with Women who have Experienced Sexual Abuse
- Am I unable to have an intimate relationship?
- Am I unable to trust?
- Am I sexually confused?
- Do I have guilty feelings?
- Do I suffer from depression?
- Do I have flashbacks?
- Am I angry?
- Am I fearful?
- Am I anxious?
- Do I have sexual anxiety?
- Why did I let this happen?
- Why didn’t anyone help me?
- Do people know?
- Do I feel like a real woman?
- Do I have social challenges?
- Do I have educational challenges?
- Do I have employment challenges?
- Do I have spiritual challenges?
- Do I have trouble admitting I’ve been abused?
- Am I ashamed to talk about my abuse?
- Am I concerned about the cycle of abuse?
- Am I sexually compulsive?
- Do I have a sexual dysfunction?
- Do I have a sex addiction?
- Do I experience compulsive masturbation?
- Am I addicted to pornography?
- Have I hurt others?
- Have I hurt myself?
- Am I afraid to have children of my own?
- Do I feel isolated?
- Do I feel alone?
- Am I normal?
- Will I ever be OK?
Take the next step.
A better life is just one phone call or email away.
I can help.